211 Posts - Page: Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Beetwenty's B10 2 door

It is an emblem that never existed.
I just thought that i should remove the deluxe emblems from my guards now that i have removed it from my bootlid.
 
I guess you could call it a "Sunny Sports" emblem as i wanted it to match in with my other sunny emblems as well as my sports emblem.
1967 Datsun B10 2 Door.
The badge looks remarkbly lke the coupe sports badge. Im sure Ive seen it before
 
If its not real, it looks the goods anyways
Thanks for the emblem lovin.
 
If there is such a thing, then i guess we made the correct design decisions.
1967 Datsun B10 2 Door.
Im thinking of pricing up chroming once i get these.
 
Just need to see if i can achieve a smooth finish to warrant the process.
1967 Datsun B10 2 Door.
Nothing too exciting this time.
 
I did a retractable lap sash seatbelt conversion into my 1000.
 
For my additional points i used seatbelt spreader plates. (B pillar and directly below)
 
I used the factory lap belt points for the remaining two ends of my belt.
 
 
 
I was a little naughty with the upper point on my b pillar and shortened the spreader plate slightly to avoid an internal wall inside the b pillar.
 
My plate is 8mm steel, so i angled my cut to keep as much contact area as i possibly could while still avoiding the internal wall. (Effectively thinning the thickness of the top end of my plate).
 
I made sure to round all edges and corners on my plate to prevent it from becoming a can opener in an accident.
1967 Datsun B10 2 Door.
I got my 3D printed emblems in the post earlier this week.
I chose the stainless option which is made up of 60% steel, 40% brass.
 
I sanded down the face to a smooth finish and then nickel plated my emblems with a DIY nickel-acetete solution made from white vinegar, salt and nickel welding electrodes.
+5V DC from an old USB cable.
 
 
 
Im very happy with how these turned out.
I'll get pics up tomorrow of them on the car once my ultra black dries and i take my tape off.
1967 Datsun B10 2 Door.
1800 take my money... 
they look awesome... 
I can't see the add to cart button...
Thanks Dundee.
I well and truly overspent on a DIY emblem.
 
Shapeways cost about $85 including post.
Then did about $20 in sand paper as i got every grade down to 2000 grit.
 
We removed volume on the back face in.our design to reduce print costing.
This caused the emblem to sagg in the middle so i needed to remove approx 0.5mm from the front face to achieve a flat plain.
 
Then i spent a little over $100 on the nickel plating ingredients because i also bought for copper plating. (And failed so far with copper plating)
 
So I'm in for about $200 for a set of fake emblems.
 
That and a whole lot of time sanding and googling about nickel plating.
 
(I sanded enough off that i needed to file the entire out side edge to retain a factory looking shape).
1967 Datsun B10 2 Door.
Cool job on the emblems...it's only money. I remember the days anodizing titanium with coke and a little DC voltage.
I didnt mind spending the money.
I think every emblem on my car owes me over 200 anyway.
 
Plus I enjoyed the process.
 
Emblems on.
 
1967 Datsun B10 2 Door.
Looks good...
211 Posts - Page: Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11