Sunday, 17-Jul 2011 @ 6:50pm
Edited by admin
Saturday, 31-Dec 2011 @ 5:40pm
Time for an update,
Car now has...
- New Shock Absorbers, Front & Rear
- New Leaf Spring Rubbers for Rear Leaf Springs
- New Tension Rod Bushings
- New Tie Rod Ends, Inner & Outer
- New Boots on Cross Link, (the ends have zero play and feel silky smooth)
- Battery Mount & Battery Tray. New Battery Terminal (+)
- New Spark Plug Leads.
- Floor Mats & New Drain plug in Passenger Floor.
- New Rear Brake Slave Cylinders
- New Rear Brake pads
- Lithium Grease in all greasing nipples.
I have also Reconditioned my steering Wheel.
Here it is Before I started.
Polishing the Horn Button.
I placed a bolt in my vice to work on the Wheel, (This worked well)
I also cleaned off all the finger grime with some thinners before starting my repairs.
I used a dremmel to grind out all the cracks in the wheel.
I also drilled holes into the both sides of all the cracks to give my filler a bit more bite.
I filled in everything with some Kneadit, and sanded it all l back with 80 grit sand paper, Then cleaned it all with some Wax & grease remover.
The sand paper is very coarse, because I wanted the paint to stick.
I painted the wheel with "K&H Plastic Adheasion Primer" and then with a further three coats of "K&H Plasti-Prime"
Allowing the drying times between coats.
Once it was all dry I sanded everything back with 240 Grit Sand paper and then Wax and Grease remover again.
This is the finished wheel with 3 coats of "K&H Bumper & Trim Paint" in Satin Black.
The finish has a texture that looks like a factory plastic.